CHURCH OF ST MARY - South Hylton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1880 by C. Hodgson Fowler of Durham to replace a previous "house church" on the same site. Additions in 1930 and 1970, but the surrounding wall predates the church. The church is designed in the Gothic Revival style and built in stone, irregularly coursed, with a blue slate roof. The plan is simple, with a nave, a chancel almost as wide as the nave, a north transept and a tower at the south-west corner incorporating the entrance porch...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1390829
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 106 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES