Description"Opened in 1852 by the York Newcastle & Berwick Railway, later part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Durham to Sunderland, this station closed to passengers in 1964. View south west towards Cox Green and Durham from the site of the level crossing. The main building was to the right, a signal box stood far left. Behind the camera position is the terminus of the Tyne & Wear Metro, now called South Hylton. See http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4214913." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4214927
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years ago
Viewed: 225 times
Picture Taken: 2012-03-24