CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Spennymoor - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1883 (foundation stone) -1884 by C.H. Fowler; site given by the Weardale Iron and Coal Company; extension 1890, (west foundation stone); 1895 memorial chapel and vestry. Snecked sandstone with plinth, quoins and ashlar dressings; Welsh slate roof, with roll-moulded ridge tiles, red on nave and grey on chancel, and stone gable copings. Nave with south porch, south-east tower and north aisle..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 148 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES