St John's, Stillington

  • Description

    Five Anglican Churches working together. "St John’s is a distinctive red brick church in keeping with the character of the Victorian portions of this industrial village, but surrounded by newer housing. Built in 1879 at the initiative of William Cassidi, then Vicar of Grindon, it is listed grade II, and was recently substantially refurbished with help from English Heritage....."
  • Owner

    Stockton Country Parish
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.stocktonsix.org.uk/index.php/st-john-s
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years ago
    Viewed: 250 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES