CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT - Satley - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1870-71 restoration and enlargement of early C18 chapel-of- ease on site of medieval chapel; 1768 became separate parish. Present nave occupies site of former nave and chancel. Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar quoins and dressings; plinth to chancel and tower; stone-flagged roof with stone gable copings. Nave with west tower and south porch; chancel with north organ chamber and vestry....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1185997
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 320 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES