Coanwood Station, ( Haltwhistle - Alston)

  • Description

    "The station was opened on 19th July 1851 and Closed to passengers on 3rd May 1976. Unusually passenger services survived longer than goods traffic which were stopped on 19th September 1955. The original passenger station was built in 1878-79 and was set well back from the platform. The station was renamed several times; Shaft Hill (1853), Shafthill (1862), Coanwood (1885)." Photo by Les Hull, 2005.
  • Owner

    Les Hull
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/123511
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 597 times
    Picture Taken: 2005-02-10
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES