CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY - Old Bewick - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. C12 with some C14 alterations. Restoration of 1866 when south porch, bellcote and vestry were added. Stone in vestry records repairs done in 1695. Roughly dressed coursed stone. Lakeland slate roof. Nave, chancel, south porch and north vestry. Nave has massive C12 masonry, the upper part of west wall rebuilt in C19 using old stone. 2 narrow round-headed windows and sexfoil rose window over are Victorian. South doorway in porch has one order of columns....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042412
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 177 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES