CHURCH OF THE HOLY PARACLETE - Kirkhaugh - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1869,by the Rector,Octivius 'James On a medieval site. Squared rubble with stone dressings, slate roof. Simple rectangular plan with small vestry on north which has catslide roof. Stepped clasping buttresses at the angles, each carried up to a separate pyramidal cap; steeply-pitched roof. South wall has C14-style doorway with one lancet to the west and 3 to the east, all with chamfered hoodmoulds...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042925
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 253 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES