Secondary winding engine house at Skelton Park disused iron mine - List Entry

  • Description

    "Secondary winding engine house of circa 1870, originally for underground haulage via the downcast shaft, subsequently altered to wind the upcast shaft....single celled, single storey building with the winding drum position on the western side of the building, being equidistant between the up and downcast shafts lying centred about 20m to the south west and north east respectively.,,,the western side is of three bays, symmetrical with a central door flanked by windows. The northern side, facing the downcast shaft, has openings for winding ropes just off centre to the right..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1115825
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 325 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES