Powerhouse, office and substation at Skelton Park disused iron mine - List Entry

  • Description

    "Power generation building (1876) for compressed-air rock-drilling equipment, latterly used to house electric generators. Attached to the building is a time office circa 1900. Also included in the designation is an electricity substation of 1910....single storey with basement, built into the hillside so that the basement is at ground level on the north west side. ....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1115787
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 382 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES