Workshops at Skelton Park disused iron mine - List Entry

  • Description

    "....Blacksmiths' and joiners' workshops, between 1870-1873 for Bell Brothers' Cleveland iron mines.... single storey, long range of 10 bays. The blacksmiths' is of five bays with a central cart entrance with a basket arch originally flanked by two pairs of window openings...The engine room is of a single bay with a basket-arched cart entrance. It is served by a ridge stack to the left. The roof structure has collapsed......"
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1320278
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 396 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES