The Spital

  • Description

    "This distinguished Palladian house was built c1800 on the site of the mediaeval St. Giles Hospital; it became the clubhouse of Hexham Golf Club in 1951 (and its grounds became part of the golf course). {Source: Leaflet "Industrial Area and Tyne Green", Hexham Local History Society.}" Photo by Mike Quinn, 2008.
  • Owner

    Mike Quinn
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1071212
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 184 times
    Picture Taken: 2008-11-15
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES