CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Bishop Auckland - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church, collegiate at one time. Existing collegiate church reconstituted in 1293 by Bishop Bek. C13 with C15 top stage of tower, and some C16 alterations. C19 restoration and 1881 organ chamber. MATERIALS: sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings; snecked stone S transept S bay. Roof not visible except for stone-flagged porch roof. PLAN: chancel with N organ chamber and vestry, aisled nave with transepts and S porch, W tower clasped by choir vestry in S aisle....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1196458
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 196 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES