War memorial, Simonburn village green

  • Description

    "The village green on west side of Castle Lane. In the foreground is the 1914-18 war memorial with its Celtic wheeled cross, unveiled on 30th May 1920 by Brig. Gen. W.H. Allgood, C.M.G., D.S.O. and dedicated by the Rector of Simonburn. No names are given but from the area, 79 men served, of whom 10 died and 12 were wounded. http://www.newmp.org.uk/detail.php?contentId=8843" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2016.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4825017
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 548 times
    Picture Taken: 2016-02-05
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES