LYCH GATE TO CHURCH OF ST MUNGO - Simonburn - List Entry

  • Description

    "Lych gate. Dated 1885 by R.J. Johnson in memory of Lancelot J.H. Allgood. Ashlar sandstone with stone-flagged roof. Square plan. 4 gabled faces with angle buttresses and double-chamfered pointed arches. Front arch under hoodmould has moulded outer order with nailhead and engaged colonnettes...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 426 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.