St Mungo's Church Lychgate

  • Description

    "This massive stone lych-gate is in the churchyard wall at the south-west corner of the village green. Dated 1885, it was erected in memory of Lancelot Allgood of Nunwick (http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3192508). The outer arch, (ie entering the churchyard) carries the inscription "From death unto life" in gothic lettering (http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3192502). Like the church, which can be seen behind the gate and wall, the lychgate is Grade II listed(http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-240821-lych-gate-to-church-of-st-mungo-simonbur British Listed Buildings)." Photo by David Dixon, 2012.
  • Owner

    David Dixon
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3192495
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 473 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-10-17
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES