Corsenside All Saints, West Woodburn

  • Description

    "All Saints, near the site of a mission hall built in 1856, replaced St Cuthbert Corsenside as the parish church in 1907. There is a carved wooden reredos with wooden sculptures of St Oswald and St Cuthbert, inscribed in memory of Alfred Illingworth. Wooden pulpit on stone plinth and wooden font lid, both have memorial inscriptions. Perhaps the chief feature of this fine church is its magnificent setting in the Rede Valley just a few yards from the river."
  • Owner

    Church of England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/corsenside-all-saints/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years ago
    Viewed: 460 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES