Description"The Church of St. Bartholomew was build in the thirteenth-century. Its low, broad perpendicular tower and long nave and chancel, was altered in the fifteenth century and again in 1896. Excavations have revealed that the building originally had aisles and transepts. There are two fourteenth-century bells, a seventeenth-century font (which rests on the reversed capital of a fourteenth or fifteenth-century pier) and a mahogany pulpit from 1797. The glass includes work by Heaton, Butler and Bayne (1909 and 1914)." Photo by Rude Health , 2015.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4698529
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 294 times
Picture Taken: 2015-09-30