Description"A plaque nearby gives the following history. "The cannon was captured from the Russian Army at the Battle of Sebastopol during the Crimean War (1854-56). In 1857, the then Secretary of State, Lord Panmure, offered the cannon to Hartlepool Borough Council who gratefully accepted it. It was transported from London on the steam ship 'Margaret', at a total cost of £2.19s.3d and after a year's delay, arrived at Hartlepool in September 1858". Redheugh Gardens and Radcliffe Terrace can be seen behind []" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2009.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1607919
Resource type: Image
Added by: Splat
Last modified: 2 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 324 times
Picture Taken: 2009-12-04