CHURCH OF ST HILDA - Hartlepool - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church, c.1200, incorporating remains of early C12 church, on site of C7 monastery; aisles partly rebuilt C15; restored c.1724 and mid C19 by C. Hodgson Fowler; chancel partly rebuilt c.1870 by J.B. Pritchett (Darlington) and 1925/32 by W.D. Caroe, in Early English style, when whole church was restored. Mid C13 tower, restored 1838, 1893 and 1930. Late C13 Galilee chapel restored 1928; south porch 1932. Dressed limestone with roofs of Westmorland slate; stone slates to porch. Clearstoried and aisled nave and chancel...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1263355
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 633 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES