CHURCH OF ST PAUL - Branxton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Late C12 or early C13. Largely rebuilt 1849. Snecked rhyolite with sandstone dressings. Nave, chancel and north-west tower. Romanesque style. Five-bay nave entirely of 1849. Gabled porch to left holds round-headed door in chevron-moulded surround with two orders of columns and cushion capitals...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042191
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 3 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 291 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES