Former General Post Office, St Nicholas Street

  • Description

    "Designed by James Williams 1871-74 in the Classical style for the Post Office, and now used by the architects, Red Box. A notable feature is the two storey entrance porch flanked by columns. Converted 1998-2001 by the Alan J. Smith Partnership, later Red Box Design Group, to architect's office, art gallery and flats, extending through to Westgate Road into the 1890s extension to the rear. Tyne and Wear HER(9121): Newcastle, St. Nicholas Street, General Post Office" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1692661
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 349 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES