CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST THOMAS AQUINAS AND PREBYTERY ADJOINING - Stella - List Entry

  • Description

    "R.C. church and presbytery. 1831 - 2 by John Green; 1848 - 9, porch, chancel and fleche by Dobson. Church: coursed squared sandstone with plinth and ashlar dressings; roof Westmorland slate with stone gable copings. Aligned north-south. Nave and chancel. 6-bay nave has alternate block jambs and sloping sills to lancet windows; gabled buttresses between...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1355082
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 487 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES