Tyne and Wear HER(5331): Winlaton Mill, Eels Haugh, George Eavan's House

  • Description

    "The remains of George Eavan's house, the miller of the flour mill, are all that remain of old Winlaton Mill village, where the worker's at Crowley's Ironworks lived. The village was demolished in 1937 and rebuilt on its present site."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/5331
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 284 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES