Description"This footbridge is near the village of Winlaton Mill. It links a path leading from the main road with the south side of the river to the Derwent Walk. The bridge was replaced in June 2011, following flood damage on September 6 2008, when the old footbridge was swept away. The previous bridge dated from 1950. The name Butterfly Bridge supposedly comes from the fact that the Derwent Valley was a butterfly collector's paradise and enthusiasts began their expeditions from the bridge. " Photo by David Dixon, 2011, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2477773
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Pat Thomson
Last modified: 2 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 216 times
Picture Taken: Unknown