Description"Located on the south side of Northumberland Road on the corner of College Street, Burt Hall was built in 1895 for the Northumberland Miners' Association. It was named after Thomas Burt (1837-1922), the first working miner to become a Member of Parliament. The building was the headquarters of the Northumberland Branch of the National Union of Mineworkers until the early 1990s. It is now part of Northumbria University. The statue at the building's apex is a miner with his pick and lamp, modelled on a figure in Ralph Hedley's painting, 'Going Home' " Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1671309
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 744 times
Picture Taken: Unknown