Dame Allan's School, College Street

  • Description

    "Dame Allan's School was built in 1883 by R.J. Johnson, a local architect. High up on a gable wall, right-centre, is a niche containing a statue of Dame Eleanor Allan who founded schools in Newcastle in 1705. This building housed the schools until they moved to Fenham in the 1930s and now forms part of Northumbria University. Tyne and Wear HER(6247): Newcastle, College Street, Dame Allan's School (College House) St James' Church can be seen to the right NZ2564 : Church of St James, Northumberland Road" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1671382
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 778 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES