Description"Opened in 1847 by the Frosterley & Stanhope Railway, which soon became part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Bishop Auckland to Wearhead. The station closed to passengers in 1953 and completely in 1965. It was reopened in 2004 by the Weardale Railway Company but regular services were suspended again in 2012. View east towards Harperley and Bishop Auckland." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2007, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3736785
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 1 month ago
Viewed: 399 times
Picture Taken: Unknown