CHURCH OF ST MARY AND ST STEPHEN - Wolsingham - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church; 1848 rebuilding by W. Nicholson, with changed dedication to St. Matthew, of C12 and C13 building; earlier dedication restored with 1896 reconsecration. 1856 tower heightened. Sandstone rubble tower, coursed squared sandstone C19 work, with ashlar plinth and dressings; roofs of graduated Lakeland slates with stone gable copings. Tower and 4-bay nave with clasping south aisle and south porch; north aisle and tower choir vestry; 4-bay chancel with north vestry and organ-chamber...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1232841
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 347 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES