CHURCH OF ST OSWIN - Wylam - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1886 by R.J. Johnson. Largely snecked rubble with Lakeland slate roof. Nave and chancel, south porch, south tower, north vestry and organ chamber. Perpendicular style. 3-bay nave has first a timber porch with delicate tracery, then 2-light windows. Tall embattled tower with angle buttresses, 2-light bell openings and gargoyles; also acts as transept internally. 2-bay chancel with unusual Perpendicular tracery...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1044959
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 7 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 719 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES