CHURCH OF ST MARY WOODHORN CHURCH MUSEUM - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Pre-Conquest nave and perhaps west tower; north aisle early C12, south aisle mid-C12. Eastern arches of arcades and chancel arch C13. External walls, except for lower part of west end and tower, rebuilt 1843 by B. & J. Green of Newcastle. Tower roughly-squared stone, C19 parts tooled stone with tooled ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roofs. C19 parts in heavy Norman style. South aisle has porch with boarded double doors in round arch, with 1818 sundial above, under coped gable with...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1304471
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years ago
    Viewed: 272 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES