Church of St Mary Magdalene , Mitford

  • Description

    "The church dates from the late C12th, remodelled in C13th (perhaps after Mitford village was burnt by King John in 1216), and also in the C14th. There was considerable restoration, with rebuilding of south aisle, addition of west tower, clerestory (wall with an upper band of windows) and porch, by R J Johnson of Newcastle 1874-5.." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2157998
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 646 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES