Description"The Former Barrasford Railway Station is situated in the village of Barrasford, 7 miles (11kms) north of Hexham in the North Tyne Valley (Map 87 Grid Ref 919736). The Centre is a converted railway station/stationmasters house; constructed in the 1860’s it became one of the stations on the Border Counties Line, running from Hexham to Riccarton Junction in Scotland. In 1958 the line was closed and the buildings were taken over by 1st Longbenton Scout Group for use as an Outdoor Centre available for use by the Scout Movement and allied organisations." Photo by Steve Wright, 2010, and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2270834
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 417 times
Picture Taken: Unknown