CHURCH OF SAINTS PETER AND PAUL - Longhoughton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Nave and west part of chancel probably mid-C11; west tower early C12; south aisle, chancel extension and perhaps upper part of tower c.1200; porch remodelled C18; upper part of tower remodelled c.1840 after a fire; restoration with partial rebuilding of aisle and chancel, and addition of vestry, 1873 by Streatfield. C11 parts coursed rubble; tower large squared sandstone blocks...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1303950
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 225 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES