Description"The original village church stood for several hundred years on a site known as Church Hill and fell into disrepair before being separated from the village by a storm in 1806 which changed the course of the river Aln. The church of St John the Baptist was built on land donated by the 4th Duke of Northumberland and consecrated by the Bishop of Durham in 1876. Now a friendly welcoming place." Photo by Russel Wills, 2014, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3823676
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 464 times
Picture Taken: Unknown