CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS - Lanchester - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church; collegiate church 1283-C16; at one time known as church of St. Mary. C12, possibly incorporating earlier fabric, with C13 alterations and additions, and C14, C15 and later alterations. Sandstone, much of it coursed and squared and including large blocks, with plinth, quoins and ashlar dresssings; roofs of Lakeland slate; stone-flagged porch roof. West tower; aisled nave with south porch; chancel with north organ chamber and vestry...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1185983
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 12 months ago
    Viewed: 206 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES