THORNTON HALL - List Entry

  • Description

    "Manor house now farmhouse. Front range c.1550 for Ralph Tailbois; c.1630 rear range for Sir Francis Bowes; C18 and c.1880 alterations and additions. Coursed rubble. Ridged concrete tiles and Welsh slates. Stone chimneys. Hall and projecting cross wing to right (left cross wing has been removed). 2-storey extruded porch at right of hall. Added right rear range. Narrower rear extension at left. Small c.1880 one-storey addition to left of hall block....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1121221
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 597 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES