Description"In the C19th, as the Red Lion, it was one of two pubs in the village. It was rebuilt in 1903 and designated a 'Temperance Hotel' on the 3rd edition Ordnance Survey in 1921. By 1940 it had ceased to be used as an inn and had become the post office and village shop. Northumberland National Park Historic Village Atlas Alwinton". Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2542225
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 10 months ago
Viewed: 780 times
Picture Taken: Unknown