Description"Number 1 Trinity Buildings was built in 1727 as a lighthouse for Trinity House, Newcastle upon Tyne. It was later converted into almshouses, and now a private house. Eroded plaque between first and second floors commemorates conversion to almshouses after building of new High Light in 1807. In 1536 Henry VIII empowered Trinity House, Newcastle upon Tyne, to build two lighthouses at North Shields. By 1807 changes in the river bed made a new lighthouse necessary to mark the safe approach and the new High Light was built." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2013, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3591975
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 6 months ago
Viewed: 499 times
Picture Taken: Unknown