Memorial Fountain to J.H. Rutherford

  • Description

    "....Incised around frieze at top, Roman lettering: ERECTED BY THE BAND OF HOPE UNION IN MEMORY OF DR J.H. RUTHERFORD 1894 Incised on bottom of south face of plinth, Roman lettering: THIS FOUNTAIN WAS REMOVED / FROM ST. NICHOLAS SQUARE / AND ERECTED IN BIGG MARKET / 1901 / SIR JOHN BLYTH ESQ MAYOR Incised on bottom of north face of plinth, Roman lettering: PRESENTED TO THE CITY / UNVEILED BY JOSEPH COWAN / SEPT. 12 1894 / STEPHEN QUIN ESQ. MAYOR ..../
  • Owner

    Public Monuments and Sculpture Assocaition
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://archive.pmsa.org.uk/pmsa-database/9491/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 416 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES