Description"This Mechanics Institute of 1857-8 was designed by John Johnstone, with possible later alterations by John Dobson. The Mechanics Institute was amalgamated with the Literary and Philosophical Society collection in January 1870 when it became the first free library on Tyneside." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2016, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3592512
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 282 times
Picture Taken: Unknown