Description"Cullercoats Lifeboat Station was founded in 1852 with the support of the Duke of Northumberland following the loss of seven men from the village who were drowned crossing the harbour bar. The present boathouse was built in 1896 and has recently been extended. The crew is made up of 20-25 volunteers, supported by shore helpers and are called out 30-35 times a year." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2009, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1634016
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 1 month ago
Viewed: 341 times
Picture Taken: Unknown