CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY - Embleton - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish Church. Lower part of tower late C11 or early C12; nave arcades early C13; aisles rebuilt and tower heightened early C14; porch later C15 or early C16; aisles refenestrated and extended to embrace tower 1850 by John Dobson; chancel (replacing a predecessor of c.1800) and vestry 1867 by F.R. Wilson at the expense of Merton College, Oxford. Lower part of tower rubble, other parts squared stone, except for chancel of alternating bands of grey roughly- faced limestone and pink sandstone..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1041822
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years ago
    Viewed: 293 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES