The Turner Mausoleum

  • Description

    "Attached to St Cuthbert's Church and in memory of Marwood William Turner the mausoleum is a Grade 1 listed building that is suffering from water pentration from the roof affecting the internal plasterwork. The building dates from 1739 and was designed by James Gibbs." Photo by Mick Garratt, 2008, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
  • Owner

    Geograph.org.uk
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/894897
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 508 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES