CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Winston - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Mid C13, restored 1848 by John Dobson. Mid C13 sandstone rubble with roughly-dressed quoins; mid C19 dressed sandstone; renewed Welsh slate roofs. South-west tower, nave with south aisle and south porch, chancel with north vestry. Transitional and Early English style. Tower of 1848 in two stages: buttressed square-plan base and octagonal belfry; spirelet of sandstone flags with ball finial. Nave mainly rebuilt 1848: 4 bays with chamfered plinth; south aisle has 2 stepped buttresses and 4 lancets under individual hoodmoulds; north wall has medieval stonework..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1160127
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 246 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES