THE MANOR HOUSE - Brinkburn Priory - List Entry

  • Description

    "Country House. C13 south range of Priory conventual buildings converted into house for Fenwick family in later C16, remodelled 1810 for Richard Hodgson; alterations and major extensions 1830-37 by John Dobson for William Hodgson Cadogan. Squared stone with cut dressings; Welsh slate roofs. Irregular plan; the surviving part of the 1810 house forms an L-plan wing at the east end of the Dobson section..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1303922
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 477 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES