Description"Low Alwinton, both today and as depicted in the 19th century maps, essentially comprises no more than the parish church, the adjacent parsonage and a few cottages. The parish church stood on its present site from at least the 12th century onward. The site of the vicarage described in 1541 as a 'lytle bastell house of stone' probably lay near to the church, perhaps on or close to the site of the present parsonage." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2010, and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1871391
Resource type: Text/Website
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 7 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 534 times
Picture Taken: Unknown