Tyne and Wear HER(5519): Cullercoats, Brown's Point, Radio Telegraph (Y) Station

  • Description

    "A timber shed and radio station masts were built here in 1906-7 by the Amalgamated Radio Telegraph Company, who had formed in 1906 through the merger of the British De Forest Wireless Telegraph Syndicate (Lord Armstrong was an owner) and Poulsen and Pedersen's Danish wireless company. The station was used experimentally to send and receive messages from Denmark. The Amalgamated Radio Telegraph Company collapsed in 1907 when Lord Armstrong became bankrupt..."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/5519
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 7 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 688 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES