CHURCH OF ST MARGARET - Tanfield - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Nave dated 1749, tower dated 1853, chancel dated 1864, remodelling dated 1878, the latter by Austin, Johnson and Hicks (brass panel in tower describes it as 'remodelled, restored, new seated and new organ'). 1853 and 1864 by public subscription with large contributions from John Eden of Beamish Park, and James Joicey and Company, coal owners...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 437 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.