CHURCH OF ST MARY - Barnard Castle - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. C12-C14 with Perpendicular windows. Alterations c1680 when south porch removed; 1814 repairs included renewal of east window, rebuilding south wall of chancel removing 4 lancets; 1868-70 repairs: closing of west door, removal of galleries, rebuilding east end of north arcade and east window, and insertion of new clerestory windows by FRN Haswell of North Shields; 1873-4 restoration by CH Fowler included rebuilding tower...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1218277
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years ago
    Viewed: 200 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES